Badly thought out way to get the bad thoughts out.

Friday 8 August 2008

Mastervibe @ Dreamscape 17/18


Here's my treat of the day. If you don't download and appreciate this set by Mastervibe, then Mastervibe will shoot you in the face and then you won't be able to kiss the hottest boy in High School at the Summer Dance. You wally.

Mastervibe - Dreamscape 17 / 18 (Mega Upload Link)

* Junior Demus - rough nor tough
* Liftin' Spirits - A State Of Mind [Labello Blanco]
* DJ Harmony - Let Me In [Moving Shadow]
* Omni Trio - Renegade Snares (Foul Play VIP mix) [Moving Shadow]
* DJ SS - Black [Formation]
* Notorious - Feel Love [Production House]
* Tekniq - Rewind [Formation]
* Sounds Of Life - Currents [Certificate 18]
* Photek - The Water Margin [Certificate 18]
* Doc Scott - It's Yours [Metalheadz]
* ?

This set is one of my favourite jungle sets, and just one of many that make me want to stab my parents for not whipping me up five years earlier. I think this is about 1995, and stylistically it's all over the place, with (to me) more ideas going on in it than in about ten full DNB tape packs from 2008. There's ragga samples, reggae basslines, euphoric post-hardcore pianos, soaring female vocals, breaks cut every-which-way, huge 808 basslines, eyes-down Reece basslines etc. etc.

SS- Black is the highlight, both of this set and of your life if you download this set.